Friday, January 20, 2006

What Artist's Way?

Crikey! Work has been sooooo busy I have barely had time to think of myself let alone my creative self. So far this week apart from doing my boss's job (he's on leave) and my job, I ;

  1. wrote & taught my weekly yoga class (complex - with a pregnant student)
  2. composed a daily yoga practice for one of my students (a new experience)
  3. did an early morning talk for a local Rotary Club on banding ospreys (bird of prey) in our area
  4. championed the cause of female firefighters by sticking my neck out to the BigWigs in my organisation
  5. hosted an impromptu BBQ for my dear neighbour who ran out of gas for his BBQ
  6. started eating differently (to gain self esteem)
  7. learned all about oyster leases to deal with an issue in one of my parks at work
  8. enjoyed hearing Micheal Leunig's poems on Radio National!!!!

Modern Stupid by Michael Leunig
It's much easier to be stupid these days than in previous times.
Back in the old days they had to do it all by hand. It was sheer drudgery.
Now we can do it faster and with more comfort, thanks to modern methods.
You can fit it into a busy life, it's available to everyone. It's right there at your fingertips.
Available Now From Dymocks Online

and all the normal stuff...washing, cleaning, cooking, weeding, cleaning, buoying family egos, cleaning, washing, buoying work colleagues egos, cleaning at work (probably coping strategy). Consequently the Artist's Way is relegated to the bottom of the list. Not forgotten though.

This week I saw art in:

  1. an empty box of serviettes (napkins) - with a bit of work now an attractive computer CD holder...
  2. the sound & sight of a Koel baby parisitising the Little Wattle bird parents...
  3. the symetry of the back of my neighbour's dog Rosie (refer BBQ above)

so I am progressing along my own Artist's Way...

oh by the way... the Artist's date last week yielded jam for Ric, a hybiscus for me and an unwanted heat rash. It's all good!

2 comments:

Leah said...

teehee!! i love the doggy picture. you're doing great stuff! thank you for sharing. :-)

All Things Jennifer said...

Progressing along your own artists way...

Perfect!

Well stated and I agree :)

Good luck!