Sunday, January 15, 2006

Artists Way Check In

Artists Date
It was a disaster - I'm trying again today.
I was hungry and couldn't find anything decent to eat so just went home. At least I learned a couple of things...
Lesson 1. Eat first
Lesson 2. Have a plan - I just thought I'd let my Artist's Date happen but I found myself wandering along the same track I take when I head to the shops - got to turn off that auto pilot.

Oh well, I'm off to the local markets this morning so if that works out it will be my artist's date.

Morning Pages
I've missed a few days and the days I did write I found myself writing about all the things I have to do...weird. I guess I'm used to writing lists for myself. Although they weren't exactly lists - there was more explanation as to why I had to do those things, sprinkled here and there with the misdemeanours of others - and occasionally my own. I guess writing the pages is somewhat cathartic but I'd really prefer to write using the computer - not sure if that's allowed? Ow, my hand hurts doing 3 pages longhand.

Tasks
The only enemies of my creative self worth I could come up with was me.
Artists walks were good - but I didn't take my camera on one and I missed a great shot of a yellow-tailed black cockatoo in a tree that was really close. Bugger!
Easy to find champions of my creative self worth. I live with one of the best ones!

All in all I thought this week was not a bad start to my creative reinvigoration!




Me with my sister's latest work of creativity!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sounds like you did well for Week 1. Lovely photo.

Aenigma said...

My advice about the morning pages is: you do them whatever way you want or need to. If they are a hindrance to doing the tasks (i.e., if you operate by all or nothing thinking and feel you must chuck it all if you don't do it exactly as she says), let them go. Better to explore creativity "imperfectly" according to Cameron's method than not at all.
http://www.kathrynpetro.com/mindfullife