Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rush Around

Ha Ha! - make your own !

Life has been very full lately - a trip away with work for fire networking/training...weeding with volunteers on weekends....roadworks (me on a roller for a day) ..... and burning the bush (hazard reduction burning that is).

It's all been work stuff but this weekend I've been cooling my heels at home and relaxing reading the Sydney Morning Herald and catching up on domestic chores (bliss!).

The fire went well in some places and in others was pretty doughy - due to high fuel moisture.


A weird green beetle (looked a bit like a big slater) saved from the fire that flashed its red hinged bum at me when I picked it up and put it on the bonnet of the Landcruiser. I'll identify it on Monday at work with a little help from the Australian Museum.

Me cutting a tree off the trail!


Mind numbing work (for me at least)! I now have a new found appreciation for professional roller drivers!



No comments: